Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I felt like playing around . . .

. . . so I pulled out my extra Scrabble and Parcheesi games that I bought at a thrift store.  I love the graphics on the boards and the game pieces especially when they're made of real wood.

You can even see the price on the top one

This is the display that was on my coffee table.


That's Angus the scotty dog and my faux geranium that is still my favorite silk plant after many years and two moves.

So I got out some of my peanut butter and jelly jars with the painted lids and filled them with the playing pieces.


I filled a canning jar that is missing it's lid with the wooden scrabble racks and then spelled out a message for my husband.  You get to see it before he does but I know he'll like it.  I left a bowl there into which to spill out the letter tiles because it's hard to find that one letter V or Y.


What do you think?  This was easy and cost me nothing because I already had all the items!

What did you do today that was just for fun?








Also linking to My Romantic Home Show and Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment