Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Embellished Denim Jacket


Hi all!  Glad to be back.  I've been under the weather in the sense of not feeling like doing anything creative since Spring Break and then I got a shot of creativity and have been working on some really neat stuff.

Today I'm going to feature my embellished denim jacket.  I've owned the plain denim jacket for a few years but didn't wear it often because it was so plain.  I really wanted to add some bright, saturated colors by adding flowers using calico and felt.




I believe there are 16 pieces that I made and then hand-sewed to the jacket.

All pieces are made using calico and felt stacked up with iron-on interfacing and then machine or hand sewn.  Each piece is mounted on a piece of felt and some include hand embroidery.







I love the colors!  What do you think?

Cindy


I'm linking to the following:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's Tuesday's Treasures

Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

The Lettered Cottage's How To's Day


2 comments: