Monday, August 16, 2010

Why am I here in blogland?

I've been thinking about blogging for some months now and finally started it!  I'm excited to be here with so many other creative women. 

I always like to make my home into a comfortable haven that sparks creativity in me.  I'm just two months into a 12 month lease in a very beige home.  I have lots of nice things but having just downsized from a 4000 square foot, 6 bedroom house to a 2600 square foot, 4 bedroom house I'm drowning in my nice things.  I think this means only one thing . . . garage sale!

I'm planning on using this blog to chronicle the decorating process in this temporary house.  I'm also newly unemployed and my husband supports my staying unemployed for now so I finally have time to be creative all day long if I want.  I want to chronicle my creative process which involves some really neat stuff.

A little about myself:  I'm just at the beginning of the next chapter of my life.  I am married with four children.  My youngest and last child just left home on June 28 and my husband and I moved 3 hours from our hometown on July 1.  Wow! I have a degree in Civil Engineering and was working as a Civil Engineer up until right before saying goodbye to my youngest and making the big move.  I am also a committed Christian and hope to use some of my time serving Jesus through serving others.

My husband is wonderful and very supportive.  My only daughter stayed in our last hometown.  My three sons all attend West Point with the youngest having just begun in June. 


So that's it for the start of this next chapter of my life and my new blog 'Some Really Neat Stuff'.

No comments:

Post a Comment