Thursday, November 18, 2010

Project Update

Before giving an update on my projects I want to show you something I made about 15 years ago that I still love and display in my home.


I made it out of a 10" styrofoam wreath form, two sizes of white beans and blue, wired ribbon.  I used tacky glue to hold the beans on the form and it took hours to make because the beans kept sliding off the wreath.  If I ever make another one I'll probably use hot glue.

Now on to my project update.  The first finished item is the coffee filter wreath for my daughter.  You might remember that I already showed the wreath form and the coffee filters here.



My daughter asked if I would paint the edges of the filters pink.  That way it would look like a carnation and also fit in with her decor.



They turned out real pretty, don't you think?





I'm not sure how she wants it to hang so I haven't added ribbon.  Originally I expected the filters to meet in the middle since this is a small wreath form.  That didn't happen, but I still think it looks a lot like a carnation.  It is different from my brown coffee filter wreath shown here.

I'm still working on my 'Fresh Eggs' sign.  Here it is in process:


More on that in another post.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Thursday!

Cindy

Linking to:

The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
The Shabby Nest

1 comment: